Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Throwing an "Apartment" Warming Party

Well, its about that time where everyone starts moving again... I know of so many people who have either just moved into their new apartment, or are just about to. Moving is an exciting but verrrryyy stressful experience. So why not throw an apartment warming party to show off your AWESOME new apartment and all of your hard work? Kinda sounds like a no-brainier if you ask me. I don't know about you, but I love throwing parties, and anytime I have an opportunity to, I will. I have moved 3 times in the past several years and in September it will be my 4th (hopefully this time, I will be there longer than a year). Any who, I am already planning my party and its going to be LEGEND... wait for it... DARY!... hahah sorry, I had to...

Here are some tips to think about when planning your party: 


1. Decide what drinks you are serving.


Serving Sangria is a great option, because you can make several pitchers. I love this Thai-Basil Sangria as well as Martha Stewart's Summer Sangria.

2. Chips, Dips and Hors d' oeuvres

These are some of my favorites: 

A general tip to remember when only serving appetizers is that each guest should get 12 pieces. You don't have to make 12 different dishes (that would be suicide), just make sure everyone gets enough of what you are serving.

3. Don't forget the disposable plates, cups, napkins and silverware!



The last thing you want to do after a party, is wash all those dishes... even if you have a dishwasher... ugh no thank you. Check out Party City, the prices are awesome! I suggest order more than you need so you don't have to buy anything for your next party.   

3. Have Enough Seating



Nisse Folding Chair Ikea $12.99
Spare Black Folding Chair Crate and Barrel $49.99
Hurcules Hinged Metal Folding Chair (4pk) Walmart $69.00
Overdyed Terai Folding Chair Anthropologie $198.00
Pantone Folding Chairs Urban Outfitters $75

Folding chairs are great options when you need extra seating because you can store them away when they are not in use. You can find some really cool folding chairs or thrift and refinish one. I posted several tutorials here.  

4. Set Up the Bar and Serving Area



This is a perfect opportunity to get some use out of that bar cart!

5. Make a playlist

6. Stock up on supplies- toilet paper, paper towels, dish towels and plenty of trash bags.

7. Have Entertainment: The worst thing is when people are bored at your party. Think of it this way, its better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. I like to be prepared for anything.. that's the planner in me. A deck of cards is a necessity. I also love games like: Apples to Apples, Scattegories and Taboo.

8. Last but not least, notify your neighbors.

And, another checklist, its boring buts its good...Enjoy!



I hope this post was helpful and informative. I would love hear about any parties you are planing!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Search

Pin It button on image hover