Sunday, January 26, 2014

Home Tour: Kourtney Kardashian

The time has come, after long waited anticipation, Kourtney Kardashian has finally released photos of the inside of her home. Jeff Andrews, did such an amazing job tying look together... Alll I can say is, what an amazing and talented designer.

The Living Room

Jeff Andrews:"A black and white color scheme anchors the room with touches of bright color that tie it all together. The black and white horizontal stripes on the wall make the room appear larger, while the multi-custom pendants I designed give it height. The coffee table was a fabulous vintage find of Kourtney’s, as were many of the accessories and art. Kourtney’s main priority was that the room feel whimsical and unique, with an Alice-In-Wonderland surrealism to it."


The Piano Room


Kourtney Kardashian: "This was the dining room when we moved in and it evolved into a 'whatever' room. The piano was in my parent’s house since I was born and my mom gave it to me. The black and white chairs were also in my house as a child and I had them redone. The hot pink chaise was Khloe’s—she didn’t want it. I said to her, 'I’m going to redo this and you’re going to regret it.' And she does."

Jeff Andrews: "We turned what was originally intended as a formal dining room into a fun and kid-friendly music room. The black and white stripes on the walls and ceiling tie in with the surrealist whimsy of the living room, and the exquisite vintage-inspired 'Lumiere' ceiling fixture by Jean de Merry adds an unexpected touch of elegance. Kourtney’s vintage side chairs were lacquered to match the piano (a gift from mom Kris Jenner) and upholstered with one side in white and the other in black, a unique idea of Kourtney’s and a real challenge for my upholsterer! Black sheers keep the room feeling open and inviting for both kids and adults."

The Dining Room


Kourtney Kardashian: "I’m an Aries and I love the ram at the base of the table. The chandelier is Jonathan Adler and the chairs in the kitchen were my dad's."

Jeff Andrews: "Sophisticated and original was the feeling we were going for in the breakfast room. The bold roman shades sets the tone in a black, gray, and cream chevron pattern. We chose black glass for the tabletop set atop Kourtney’s cast brass ram pedestals. The funky chairs, which were originally from her father, are lacquered in black and upholstered in a coordinating black and cream textural fabric. The dramatic Jonathan Adler chandelier serves as a focal point and pulls all of the colors and finishes together. The final touch is Mason’s framed artwork to truly make this a family dining area."

The Family Room


Kourtney Kardashian: "This is my second favorite room in the house (Daughter Penelope’s is first.) It has a really boho vibe. This is where we hang out every night and watch movies. It’s a true family room. Behind the couch is a little kid’s kitchen. I told Jeff (the designer) everything in my house has to be kid-friendly—no sharp edges. We have a lot of friends come over to play."

Jeff Andrews: "The family room is a marriage of textures, pattern, and subtle neutral hues, resulting in a sophisticated and soothing feel. The hand-painted wallpaper by Twigs is the star here, complimented perfectly by a custom area rug from Mansour Modern. Sleek metal chairs from Lawson Fenning evoke classic 1960’s design, and balance well with an ultra-modern sofa. A custom A/V cabinet of my own design provides the focal point, flanked by etched ceramic lamps circa 1970. Throw pillows in a variety of plush fabrics and luxurious touches of glamor like the faux fur throw make this a room you never want to leave!"

The Family Room


Kourtney Kardashian: "Jeff designed the cabinets and the end tables. In one cabinet I have all of my outfits that are done and put together—that way when I need to run out of the room I can just grab an outfit. The other houses all of my Kardashian Collection clothing. The neon sign above my bed is Curtis Kulig. I wanted the black but they didn’t have it anymore so I went bright and I’m so glad I did."

Jeff Andrews: "A combination of patterns, textures and shapes create a chic retreat in the glamorous master bedroom. The wallpaper by Osborne and Little emulates the luxuriousness of real travertine and provides the backdrop for the bronze, platinum, and black color palette. 'Raccoon Fur' by Benjamin Moore on the crown molding and wainscot is the perfect canvas for the custom bed and nightstands of my own design, lacquered to match. I also designed the custom pop-up TV cabinet to look more like a piece of art than furniture, and the parchment color balances perfectly with the bedding. A complimentary chevron pattern on the window treatment and throw pillow fabric by Romo make a bold visual statement. Kourtney’s own table lamps and a sexy vintage sculpture complete the look, while the neon wall sculpture by Curtis Kulig says it all."


The Kitchen


Kourtney Kardashian: "I was really uninspired to decorate a kitchen until I saw this one photo of taupe cabinets with gold hardware and then I became obsessed. These three Tom Dixon lights were the first thing I saw that I said, ‘I have to have these for my new house. I love them.’ Now we have a lot of his lighting in our Dash stores."

Jeff Andrews: "Working within the parameters of the existing architecture, we used elements of brass and gold to bring a touch of glam to the kitchen. The gilt gold/silver framed mirror hung at an angle above the stove adds drama and reflects the chic Tom Dixon pendants. The chevron wallpaper above the cabinets draws your eyes upward and visually heightens the room. Funky leather stools that Kourtney found add a perfect vintage feel, while black, white, and metallic accessories (Courtly Check Enamel Tea Kettle, $98; & Enamel Utensil Holder, $64; mackenzie-childs.com) liven up the space. State of the art appliances by Viking and SubZero make this a functional yet fun family kitchen."

Penelope’s Room


Kourtney Kardashian: "I was going to go all white but I first found this pink wallpaper—it’s pink grass cloth from Ralph Lauren. I get so happy when I go into her room. It’s my favorite room and I did it all myself. The rug is Madeline Weinrib. The chair was Mason’s and I love that it was his."

Jeff Andrews: "I helped her select the fabulous and fun ceiling wallpaper, but other than that, the nursery was truly Kourtney’s labor of love—no pun intended!"


The Play Room


Kourtney Kardashian: "The surf boards are from the Teen Choice Awards. I just want the room to be a fun mess—my kids can do whatever they want, this is their room. We painted with chalkboard paint and magnetic paint underneath so they can draw and hang things from the wall. The rug is from Ikea and we have big boxes to keep the Legos organized. Mason is obsessed with Lego and they're pretty much all over my house."

Jeff Andrews: "What better use of the Kardashian sisters’ Teen Choice Award surfboard than to put it on the ceiling of Kourtney’s playroom? That and the chalkboard-paint wall along with all of Mason and Penelope’s color-coordinated toys make this a perfect kids’ environment—even the black and white striped rug is cool enough for a Kardashian, but fun enough for a kid."

The Office


Kourtney Kardashian: "This is pretty much Scott’s room. This was my father’s desk when was I was growing up and I had it refinished. The chairs I found at an old vintage '80s Mercedes dealership. All of the books belonged to my parents. I took the covers off of all of them and arranged them by color. It took forever and I was obsessed with it but I love the way it looks." {all images and quotes via InStyle Magazine}

No comments :

Post a Comment

Search

Pin It button on image hover